Did you know……………………..?
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK universities designed to support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study. The University of Stirling have been allocated 7 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships awards for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The essence of the University of Stirling is its great people: our graduates, staff and students are helping to shape the world. Founded by Royal Charter in 1967, the University of Stirling was the first genuinely new university in Scotland for over 400 years. We retain our pioneering spirit and a passion for innovation and excellence in all we do.
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and DFID
The University supports the student’s stipend (maintenance) allowance at the rate set by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. The Commission funds the cost of tuition fees, airfare and other allowances such as study-related travel.
- MSc Environmental Management (Conservation)
- MSc Financial Technology (Fintech)
- MSc International Conflict and Cooperation
- MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country (see list from the link above)
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2018
- By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Duration of program
Applicants must apply via the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS), available here.
The deadline for applications via the EAS is 11.59pm (GMT) on April 17th 2018
See below for undergraduate and post graduate scholarships.