A rare opportunity to study at the University of Calgary, Canada is here with a fully funded scholarship for International students from Africa and other developing countries. We are delighted to inform our students that the 2018/2019 admission and scholarship application form ongoing for both undergraduates and postgraduates.
The World Bank Scholarships Program contributes to the World Bank Group’s mission of forging new dynamic approaches to capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world.
The World Bank Scholarship Program is an important component of the Bank Group’s efforts to promote economic development and shared prosperity through investing in education and developing human resources in the developing world.
Since 1982, the World Bank Scholarships Program has helped to form a pool of well-trained and experienced development professionals, transforming their countries and positively impacting future generations.
Currently, the World Bank Scholarships Program offers two sources of funding for undergraduate and graduate studies in development-related fields for mid-career professionals and researchers and this time, Canada is our destination:
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) WBGSP Since 1987, JJWBGSP has enabled more than 5,800 mid-career professionals from developing countries and Japan to complete graduate degrees in development-related fields. On an annual basis, the Government of Japan solely funds the JJ/WBGSP.
- Robert s. McNamara Fellowship Program(RSMFP) Since 1982, this fellowship program has enabled Masters and PhD candidates from developing countries to undertake research at institutions abroad. Fellowships are for 6–10 month periods and can be up to $25,000.
Do you want to be a student of this University? Do you want to get a scholarship in this University? If you do, then you are in the right place. We are offering scholarships for Undergraduate, Master and PhD programmes. University of Calgary is the right choice because those who earn their degree in University of Calgary are considered as high quality university graduates.
Study Subjects: The scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan country or developing country.
- Excelling academically.
- Come from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Must have demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent.
- Must have applied or is intending to apply for any undergraduate or postgraduate program in University of Calgary.
- Statement of purpose/intent. This should convey your interest, academic qualification and your goals.
- Original college transcripts or high school diploma.
- Original copies of birth certificates.
- Two passport photographs.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Full-tuition scholarships fee.
- Monthly allowance.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Start your online application here on this platform.
- Fill all the required spaces provided on the application form with your e-mail address correctly provided.
- Submit the application online.
- All application is online on this platform and carefully select your program of study and upload all the required documents.
- All communications will go through the e-mail you will provide on your application form.