The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mutual Fund Business Manager
Division: Trading Business Division
Report to: Head-Market Services
Grade: Deputy Manager – Senior Manager
Department: Retail Investor Coverage Department
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, June 4, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange) serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Mutual Fund Business Manager is responsible for managing the portfolio of stocks, bonds and other assets.
- The role manages and constructs investment portfolios of individual stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds.
- Responsible for relationship, driving memo listing, serving as strategic partners to mutual funds to ensure distribution in Nigeria
- Listing of mutual fund across all listing categories
- Conducts research on competitive landscape and industry trends ensuring product offerings are competitive and align to customer’s investment strategies
- Evaluates risks-both single stock and macro-economic-versus potential returns
- Ensures targeted growth in business through the sales & business development strategies in line with broader regional / corporate directive
- Makes investment recommendations, analyzes risk and returns payoff for each recommendation
- Keeps up to date with economic and financial markets developments and all other areas that can affect investments, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries and other variables
- Develops and grows key accounts
- Ensures growth of business and surpasses periodical targets in terms of funds mobilized/new investor acquired. Conducts comprehensive review of client portfolios, including meeting with clients, lawyers and advisors to assess strategies based on objectives and risk profile, identify opportunities, and prepare customized asset allocation suggestions
- Champion the use of collective investment schemes (mutual funds) by retail investors in Nigeria
- Maintains relationship with mutual fund promoters and works with them to develop new product and drive market penetration.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with two years in a leadership role
- Experience in a financial services sector is highly desirable, ideally in an Exchange. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any related discipline
- Understanding of Capital Market regulations and portfolio management experience
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CIS) etc.
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Client Relationship Management
- Portfolio Management
- Relationship Management
- Research and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online